MOVE and GROOVE July 29th – August 1st 5:30 – 6:00 pm $35
Get ready for dance! Creativity and self-expression are enhanced as exciting stories and adventures are explored through colorful props and creative dance, all with the support of a parent/adult partner.
- Musical Theatre Tap: Levels 1-2 July 8th – 10th 5:00 – 5:45 pm $40
- Musical Theatre HEELS! Tap: Level 3 and up July 1st – 3 rd 1:00 – 2:30 pm $60
- Musical Theatre Tap will include technique and so much more. Dancers will work on performance quality to create connections and show their personality with a little style and flare. Our level 3 and up will require the use of heeled character taps. Let’s elevate our tap to a new level! ☺
- Contemporary/Modern/Improv Intensive July 8th – 10th 9:00 – 11:45 am $130
- This clinic will help your dancer be mentally prepared to receive feedback and direction. Dancers will then be able to quickly take that feedback, internalize it, and produce it into movement. Most importantly, they will figure out ways to express their personality through that movement.
- Levels 1-2 July 8th – 10th 5:45 – 6:30 pm $40
- Level 3 and up July 8th – 10th 12:00 – 1:30 pm $60
- Jazz clinics will focus on executing long lines, clean technique, and dynamic musicality. Learn energetic and heartwarming combinations that will challenge your dancers to dance bigger than life yet maintain proper jazz technique. Flexibility: ages 8 and up June 28th 12:00 – 1:15 pm $25 Learn stretches to use all year! This clinic will give you a variety of specific stretches to strengthen your extension and help with all levels and styles of dance.
- Warm up for Strength and Stability:
- ages 8 and up
- June 28th 9:30 – 11:30 am June 29th 10:00 am – 12:30 pm $60
- Learn how to properly warm up your body with pilates, yoga and more! Work on new ways to build and maintain your strength in all levels and styles of dance.
Turns can be a little intimidating and cause many dancers a lot of frustration. These clinics are designed to create a class experience where dancers feel safe opening up and letting go in order to learn some eye opening adjustments to their turning technique. Each class is $20.00.
- Turns 101:
- Levels Intro – Level 2: June 17th 4:30 – 5:30 pm
- Levels 3 and up: June 17th 5:30 – 6:30 pm
- Pirouette Clinic:
- Levels 1-2: June 18th 4:30 – 5:30 pm
- Levels 3 and up: June 18th 5:30 – 6:30 pm
- Advanced Turning:
- Levels 1-2: June 19th 4:30 – 5:30 pm
- Levels 3 and up: June 19th 5:30 – 6:30 pm
- Ballet Intensive July 1st – 3rd 9:00 am – 12:30 pm $130
- Level 3 and up (Ages 10 and up) This specially created ballet intensive will take dancers through a variety of mini-seminars every day! Dancers will have master class, learn choreography from Swan Lake, have a 30 minute stretch class each day plus a showcase for your family on the last day!
- Ballet Classics July 1st – 3rd 1:00 – 3:00 pm $75
- Level 1 and 2 (Ages 7 – 10) This is a great class for those who want to move forward with their skill progression. In Ballet Classics, dancers will learn technique through studying classic ballet pieces. This session ends with a special performance at the end of the last day of class.
- Dance Adventures in Space! June 24 th – 27 th 5:00 – 5:45 pm $50
- Intro Level (Ages 5 – 8) Dancers will learn basic ballet and jazz through imaginative adventures in class. These themed classes will promote creative learning and lay the foundation for correct dance technique. Dancers learn about teamwork, and a love for learning through dancing, music and imaginative play. Your registration includes fun student bonuses like a coloring page, sticker chart, and award certificate. The session ends with a special performance at the end of the last class.
- Cinderella’s Dance Adventure June 24 th – 27 th 5:45 – 6:30 pm $50
- For Ages 3 – 5 years. Your child is invited to join us for a 4 day summer session of Ballet while we explore with music, dance, story and imagination. Lessons are created with the needs of 3 – 5 year old girls and boys specifically in mind. Your registration includes fun student bonuses like a coloring page, sticker chart, award certificate and a special BOOK written just for this class!!! The session ends with a special parent performance at the end of the last day of class.
Dancers will focus on jazz technique, performance and pom choreography taught by former NFL Atlanta Falcons Cheerleader, Miss Katharine. This is a great class for future cheerleaders and dance team hopefuls to get prepared for auditions or the coming season!
Pom Totz: July 29th–August 1st 5:00 –5:30 pm ages 3-5 $50
Pom Kids: July 29th–August 1st 5:30 –6:15 pm ages 6-9 $55
Dance Team Pom: July 29th–August 1st 6:15–7:15 pm ages 10 & up $60
This high energy specialty class is a perfect fit for students who want to learn today’s hottest dance styles. Dances and music are modified and screened to be age appropriate.
Hip Hop Totz: June 17th–20th 5:30 –6:00 pm ages 3-5 $50
Hip Hop Kids: June 17th–20th 6:15 –7:00 pm ages 6-9 $55
Freestyle and Popping: June 17th–20th 7:45–8:45 pm ages 10 and up $60
Acrobatics teaches flexibility, balance, strength, muscle control, discipline & concentration. This class will focus on fundamental acrobatic technique. These classes are designed to help students pick a specific area of acro in which to strengthen skills. Please note that Pre-requisites are very important for proper placement!!!
Rolling Clinic: June 15th and July 13th 3:15 –4:00 pm $40 includes OPEN MAT
- ages 4 and up: This clinic is designed to help with all types of Rolls: Forward, backward, Straddle, dives, fish flop, popcorn, etc. This is a beginner level clinic or maybe you just want to try Acro out and see if you love it.
- Pre-requisite: no experience needed – just those who want to be rolly pollies.
Bridges and Kickover Clinic: June 15th and July 13th 2:00 –3:15 pm $60 includes OPEN MAT
- This clinic is designed to focus on strengthening bridges and working on kickover and walkovers. We will do different drills and work on the basic bridge skills. Those who have good Bridges will work on kick overs and walkovers.
- Pre-requisite: Can do a bridge with head off the ground by themselves.
Cartwheel and Handstands Clinic: June 15th and July 13th 1:00 –2:00 pm $50 includes OPEN MAT
- In this clinic we will work on Cartwheel and Handstand drills and skills.
- Pre-requisite: Age 4 and up – no experience required
Open Mat: June 20th and 26th, July 1st and 10th 5:00 –6:00 pm
- Open Mat classes are included and FREE for all dancers registered for a summer acro clinic. Come to OPEN MAT in between your technique clinics to continue to work on your skills and strength.
- For those not registered for an acro technique class, OPEN MAT class will be $50. Even our more advanced students can use this time to get on the mat and continue progression of your skills!
Acro Placement Testing: July 7th OR August 18th 3:00 –5:00 pm during Sunday Registrations
- To help make sure students who are either new to acro or new to BDA are put into the best acro class to fit their needs, we offer two free placement testing days.
- Please sign up by either calling or stopping by the front desk. There will be limited spots available. Once those free spots have been claimed, a private lesson will be suggested for proper placement.
Becoming “Insta” Famous: June 22nd 9:30 –11:00 am $30
- For ages 13 and up. Are you a singer who would like to take advantage of the buzz social media can bring? This clinic will help you use your own Instagram account to help you promote yourself as a talent. Bring your tablet or phone and be prepared to create some content!
Reading Music for Beginners: June 22nd 11:00 am –12:30 pm $30
- For ages 8 and up. Quite often this skill isn’t taught until high school! If you want to be able to pick up your script or sheet music and have a better understanding of how to read the music on the page, this is the class for you!
How to Harmonize: June 22nd 1:00 –2:30 pm $30
- For ages 8 and up. Isn’t it amazing when you hear people singing in harmony? This workshop is designed to help you do just that! Let’s spend a little time together and kick start a skill you can use for life!
THEATRICAL AUDITIONING –How to be your best! July 8th 6:00 –7:30 pm $30
- For ages 8 and up. Whether you are going to be auditioning in our Summer Theatre Camp or for a play at school, putting yourself “out there” can be quite intimidating. This clinic will help you prepare so that when it is your moment to shine, you will be much better prepared!
STAGECRAFT: July 9th, 11th, 16th, 18th, 23rd, 25th 6:00 –8:00 pm and Sat., July 20th 10:00 am –12:30 pm $75
- For ages 8 and up. Come and join our Summer Theatre Camp leaders create and learn about props, sets, and other aspects of technical theatre. If are crafty or like to watch our STC performance and see everything you have made, this workshop is for you!
July 15 th – 27 th
8:30 – 10:30 am ages 5 – 7 years $180
10:00 – 5:00 pm ages 8 and up $315
We are so excited to celebrate our 14th year together! Using creative drama activities, students will take two weeks to explore their active imaginations by bringing to life Disney’s FROZEN, Jr. Please ask for a separate flyer for further information.
FROZEN SUMMER THEATRE CAMP
Our Summer Schedule is all about some wonderful workshops! Please call us at 402-291-3727 or stop by so that we can help you find the right spot for your dancer!